Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Craig, I am both humbled and grateful to have an opportunity to share some of my appreciations and feelings for you on your 75th birthday. I am so grateful to have been warmly welcomed into the McCune family. You have always been very kind and patient with me as a son-in-law, particularly as I have learned and am learning the ropes of being your daughters husband. Thank You. I am grateful for your wisdom and the gentleness with which you share your insights and perspective on life in all realms political, spiritual, intellectual, and familial. You set for me a great example of relating to others and building them up by focusing on their strengths and potential. I am appreciative of your desires and willingness to support our family in achieving educational and financial goals that have better prepared us to meet life's opportunities and challenges. Thank You. I am appreciative of the way in which you have built your career, pursued your passions, and negotiated difficult life challenges. You set for me an example of consistency and integrity that inspires me to think before I act and to take a longer perspective of my decisions. All of these things you do, you do so with a quiet dignity and a desire to serve others. I hope that on your birthday and in coming years you will continue to find great joy in following your dreams and passions. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have had and that my children now have to be with you and to learn from your many strengths and loving example.

No comments:

Post a Comment